Okay I finally tried another Pinterest recipe, so I can actually post the ingredients and instructions today. I made this on one of the weeks when I really didn’t feel like cooking anything. I hadn’t cooked a real meal for a few days and I was feeling bad for my fiancé so I turned to Pinterest for a basic chicken recipe. I was lucky to find this recipe already on one of my Pinterest boards because I already had all of the ingredients at home so I wouldn’t need to make a stop at the grocery store (thank GOD!).
Baked chicken doesn’t really excite my taste buds like a juicy steak would so that makes me less excited about cooking it, but this recipe actually surprised me. It didn’t taste like regular baked chicken. It was more fun to make and more fun to eat. I just served it with white rice and some canned green beans that I’ve been trying to get rid of for a while (I want to use fresh or frozen veggies only).
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets.
- 4-5 teaspoons Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine mayo, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese.
- Moisten chicken breasts with water and lay on baking sheet (I line my baking sheet with parchment paper to make clean up easy)
- Divide the mayonnaise mixture evenly among the chicken, just spreading it across the top of each piece, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle bread crumbs on each piece of chicken.
- Return to oven and bake for additional 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and juices run clear.
- Tops will be browned and chicken will be incredibly juicy.
- You can also finish them off under the broiler for a minute or two to get them extra browned on top.
- Season with a dash of fresh parsley, if desired.