2015 has been such a good year for me.
I started the year off working a three-month long temp job assignment, I was in a long distance relationship with my then-boyfriend, and I was living at my parents’ house. By MARCH, my temp job had turned into a full-time permanent position with the company. My boyfriend who came down South to visit for Valentine’s Day ended up never going back to his hometown in New Jersey. In MAY, we signed a lease for our own apartment and we moved into our first place together in JULY. In AUGUST, I went to Las Vegas with my girls for the first time. Shortly after, I started cooking the recipes that I saw on Pinterest and playing fantasy football with my boyfriend and his friends (my record was 10-3). In SEPTEMBER, I went to Washington DC for the first time (I know, I should’ve been there years ago) for a family reunion. My “boyfriend” became my fiancé in NOVEMBER. And now here we are at the very end of DECEMBER where I just had an amazing Christmas with my soon-to-be in-laws.
It may be hard to do, but I believe 2016 will top the amazing year I’ve had in 2015.
These are the things I am claiming for my 2016:
– Get back in the gym! I really slacked off on my workouts in 2015, but I’m trying to be in the best shape of my life in 2016.
– Build up my emergency fund. I have a good cushion in there right now, but you can never be too cautious.
– Get MARRIED! Or at least set a date and know the details of my nuptials.
– Have a 750+ credit score. I’m already in the 700 club, but there’s always room to improve.
– Get on a good schedule with my blog posts. This is another area that’s been neglected in 2015. I really like blogging, so I have to do better.